Department: Food Services
Reports to: Executive Chef
Under general supervision, performs a variety of cooking duties with the ability to prepare and serve meals for residents in a safe and attractive manner in accordance with standard recipes and prescribed menu plans. Adhere to established policies and procedures. Possess good judgment and follow the Origin way.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume the Executive Chef and Sous Chef responsibilities in their absence Ability to direct and supervise others with good interpersonal skill set to ensure the provision of high quality food service.
- Prepares ingredients, mixes, cooks and seasons a variety of food items, such as eggs, soups, sauces, desserts, meats, vegetables, casseroles or stews, in accordance with pre-established menu plans and selected recipes.
- Ensures that food item quantity and quality is in accordance with menu plans, all diet meals are prepared properly, weighing and measuring of food portions and testing food items prepared for taste, temperature and appearance.
- Utilizes and stores food supplies and leftovers in an efficient and sanitary manner according to dietary standards; may receive, check and store food supplies; notes items in short supply, and may order specific supplies at the request of a supervisor.
- Ensures cleanliness is maintained while performing duties and may assist other staff with routine cleaning procedures.
- Assist with the serving of meals in a timely fashion and the training of new employees and students; may provide work guidance to other kitchen staff.
- Ensures that a high level of cleanliness, in all aspects, is met at all times.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Minimum of 5 year experience in food service industry.
- Familiar with WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety, and Sanitation Code.
- Ability to direct and supervise others with good interpersonal skill set to ensure the provision of high quality food service.
- Food handler Certification required
Supervised by: Chef
This Job Description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instruction, and perform any other related duties, as may be required from time to time.