Bartender / Dining Room Server
Position: Bartender/Dining Room Server
Full-time and Part-time
Department: Food Services
Reports to: Dining Room Supervisor
Under supervision, performs service duties in the Food Services Department following prescribed procedures. Representative duties include keeping the bar organized and stocked; ordering and/or portioning of food, servicing and preparing tables for residents/guests, cleaning of equipment, tables, chairs and serving area. A separate requirement will be to provide some assistance in the Food Production and/or Dish room area, on an as-needed basis.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Pleasantly greets residents and guests, interact with residents/guests, take orders, serve and make recommendations in the pub and dining room as assigned.
2. Prepare alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages according to standard recipes.
3. Check customer ID to ensure and confirm it meets legal requirements – follow Pro Serve guidelines and comply with all food regulations.
4. Assembles and presents residents/guests meal selection, ensures that all silverware and condiments are in place.
5. Monitors food presentation and receives all concerns and complaints from residents and/or guests regarding the quality of service.
6. Restock and replenish bar supplies, balance cash float and safe handling, computer literacy for point of sales system.
7. Assists with special events, as required.
8. Cleans dining room and all related equipment; tables, carts, serving areas, cleans and polishes silverware, refills all dispensers.
9. Scrape all meal dishes, bowls, and cups in preparation for dish washing staff.
10. Provides assistance in the Food Production area and/or the Dish room, on an as-needed basis.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
1. Completion of Grade XII education or better with several years experience in the hospitality industry.
2. Must have above average interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of our Community
3. Food handler Certification required.
4. Pro Serve Certification required
Supervised by: Executive Chef
This Job Description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instruction, and perform any other related duties, as may be required from time to time.